Saturday, September 25, 2010

"A ghost who draws..."

Below is an illustration for ASIFA India's International Animation Day (IAD) celebrations.. featuring the mascots we designed, in a special tribute to the legendary 'Phantom' comics we grew up with!!! One of my more fruitful preoccupations these last few months.. more to come soon!!
The Phantom rocks!!!

....and so does the jungle tom-tom insta-messaging service!!!!

For the proper context and its details (lovingly put in a comic cover format by the gang at ASIFA) : http://www.asifaindia.com/


While I have often felt like sharing a lot thru these last many months as work on Tripura gradually wound up, I found myself (uncharacteristically) at a loss for words..

This may have been due to several reasons: the befuddling amount of work itself... the nature of that enterprise which is still a continuing struggle to realise the project's full potential..( all brethren that strongly experience 'art vs commerce' conflicts will understand)... the madness of overcommitment of both self and studio towards an ideal.. the resultant financial catastrophes..
the consequent dance for survival... the rabid debates and moral conflicts.. loss of family (team) members.. grim determinations... solemn oaths.. and more work!!
I wonder if the above is a description of the past or the present..?


So while animation onTripura is all set to be completed sometime next month, we must wait and watch.. Me.. the skies for divine intervention and you...watch this space... for (hopefully) exciting developments..

In the meantime in an attempt to be a conscientious contributor to this space I promise to put up atleast one thing of value [subjective.. ;)] every week (cant believe I wrote that as for a while I've hardly noticed weeks passing by... maybe this will alert me.... no!)
... let me say every now and then... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment